IGNORED

Multiple sources into single power amp

Is it possible to have multiple sources (dac's, preamp's etc) feeding into a single power amp? Would something like a Y splitter cable work or would a seperate switch box type of device be needed?

I'm considering using two different DAC's (for different flavors based on mood and music type) and run my setup power amp direct without a preamp.

I would recommend against connecting sources directly to a power-amp without the use of some hardware volume-control.

If, for whatever reason, your DAC(s) outputs a 100% signal you might damage your loudspeakers, not to mention your ears.

But is there a specific reason to do this?

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

Than it's OK! Did not know the specs...

I am not sure if some kind of splitter would be the best option... I believe I have seen a switch with good quality relays & remote, but I could not find a link to it just yet...

Give me some time & I´ll post it...

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

It's called a preamp! Seriously though, something akin to a passive resistive preamp set on max is my first thought...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz