IGNORED

Entry level AES/EBU cable suggestions

I'm using Apogee Wyde Eye in preference to my two other cables each costing well in excess of USD500 ...... Wyde Eye is more honest - my others tilt the sound ......IMHO. If you check out where the name "Wyde Eye" comes from you'll see why you should expect good results. I'm sure there are better out there but it's damn expensive to find them :o) Btw in my set up AES/EBU trounces S/PDIF. I don't know if that experience is universal but I suspect it is common.

DH Labs D-110 (AES EBU) $80. The more expensive Morrow Digi4, as stated earlier, is better but $250. Still, one of my best cable finds. And many here spend that on the tax on their cables.

Ted, yes I have the DH Labs 110s and they work very well... I have not tried more expensive cables ...

Steve Kuh[br]Mac Mini > Glyph HD > Weiss AFI1 (slave) > modded Esoteric D70 (master) > BAT VK51SE > Classe CA400 > Harbeth Super HL5[br]\"Come on the amazing journey and learn all you should know...\"

I use $20 Whirlwind cables. Works great, sounds great.

I could see spending more on cables for analog or even coax S/PDIF, but not for AES/EBU, at least not at length of a few feet.

Oppo UDP-205/Topping D90 MQA/eBay HDMI->I2S/Gallo Reference 3.5/Hsu Research VTF-3HO/APB Pro Rack House/LEA C352 amp/laser printer 14AWG power cords/good but cheap pro audio XLR cables.