IGNORED

Bridge School Concerts - 25th Anniversary DVD

You've got to love Neil Young . . . and for more than his music.

Yesterday, I picked up the new Bridge School Concerts 25th Anniversary DVD and was not only happy to see that there were tracks from artists such as The Who, Paul McCartney, and Tom Petty, but that all the tracks are laid down in 24-96 resolution.

For $18.99 on Amazon, there are 25 tracks of (mostly) great music.

Given what we pay HDTracks for such music, this is a great deal.

And the music I've heard so far is wonderful.

Enjoy.

Joel

• 1 month later...

Hi Joel,

Thanks for posting this. I am going to pick it up. Question: How can you tell that a DVD is 24/96? I use DVD Audio Extractor and one thing that I have found to be consistent is that the program does not do a great job of telling you what the native encoding is. Perhaps I simply don't have a great grasp of the software, but I'm always unsure.

Macbook Pro i5 --> OSX Lion w/BitPerfect --> Toslink or USB--> Peachtree Nova --> McIntosh MC7300 --> B&W 805 Matrix[br]

That's one of the tough parts about ripping DVD's and Blurays. Unless the box or jacket has explicit information, you often don't know what kind of files you're going to get until after the disc is ripped.

Having said that, I've never had a problem with DVD Audio Extractor telling me what file resolutions were on the disc.

How have you determined the files were different than what the program had indicated?

Joel

Hey. Thanks for the replies. The problem with DVD Audio Extractor is that it does not ALWAYs give you the LPCM detailed information. Many times (as with U2 Rattle & Hum) it simply tells you that it is 2-Channel LPCM. It gives no information regarding resolution. I think Chris posted once in an earlier thread on the topic that most DVDs are 16-bit/48khz. I believe he mentioned 99%. That said, I have found a few discs where I was able to rip @ 24/96. The problem is that rarely does my copy of DVD Audio Extractor specifically tell me what I'm looking at.

Thank.

Macbook Pro i5 --> OSX Lion w/BitPerfect --> Toslink or USB--> Peachtree Nova --> McIntosh MC7300 --> B&W 805 Matrix[br]