IGNORED

Benchmark DAC1 non-USB version still good to buy today?

Hi DJ - Benchmark just sent this out less than 24 hours ago. You may find it valuable.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Benchmark Announces ‘Trade-Up’ Program

SYRACUSE, New York, August 10, 2011 - Benchmark Media Systems, Inc. announced a program to allow Benchmark DAC1 product owners to upgrade to the high performance DAC1 HDR. Current Benchmark customers can receive up to a $600 trade-up credit towards the purchase of a new DAC1 HDR.

“Benchmark is committed to offering the latest and most cutting-edge technology to our customers,” said Rory Rall, Sales Manager. “Customers upgrading to the latest DAC1 HDR will benefit with more digital inputs, an analog input, high current op-amps, and remote control.”

The Trade-Up program is only valid for Benchmark customers in the United States. The program starts on August 10, 2011 and ends on September 30, 2011.

For full details, customers can call 1-800-262-4675 or visit:

http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/trade-up-program

Benchmark Media Systems, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of precision audio electronics for professional and audiophile applications since 1983. All Benchmark products are manufactured in the U.S.A.

###

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I answered you at headfi. I'll be here more specific... I don't think the Benchmark DAC1, as the Lavry DA10, has impressed ever someone in spite of the glowing reviews.

A thread on sub-par DACS would be so useful... At a similar price point the Havana DAC or Eastern Minidac are miles ahead.