IGNORED

Interesting read.

This article is old news and has been discussed.

HDtracks rips the DSD (notPCM) file from an SACD and downconverts to 24/176.4 or 24/88.2

Some of the labels in the past used their 24/44.1 files and upconverted them to DSD so they could get more money for an SACD release. They are the ones you should be "burned" about. NOT HDTracks...

Besides, Mark has hi-rez files he wants to sell you.

Well, my apologies if that was old news. It looked current as the article was dated today. As for the source's motivations, unless he's making false claims it has no bearing on the content. It speaks to the fact that we're all at the mercy of a purveyor's claims until after we fork over the cash.

You're right that the re-issue of the SACD was shady but fail to see how HDtracks is better in this instance. They, after all, are the ones who are reselling what is essentially a CD as HD.

i am a sucker for the Highrez files and have paid a bit and been fooled. I assume in any industry that is starting off, there are bound to be foolish mistakes and cheats. I hope this gets sorted out soon and we don't have these silly advantages being taken. I have to say we in CA are getting wise and seems to have put some traction on this and hopefully help to stop this fully.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2