IGNORED

Sluggish Itunes ~ Synology NAS

I have added a Synology DS 411J NAS to my music server. The configuration is as follows:

Apple Mini >Airport Extreme

NAS > Airport Extreme

Airport Extreme > Broadband router.

My music in the itune library has been moved to the NAS. My problem is that the NAS is slow and the music does not play well. Using audirvana does not work as the speed is also too slow.

Can any one help. Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Chris thanks for the reply/question.

Yes, using a wired connection.

I had them running 24/7, the problem still did not solve itself. Hence they are now scheduled to stop after 2 hrs...

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

I have been putting together a system myself and I have a new Mac-Mini with a Synology DS411J NAS. I have them hard-wired and connected via a cheap gigabit switch. In fact all the computers in the house access the NAS through this switch and then the switch is connected to my DSL router.

Performance has been excellent to/from the NAS, no slowness at all. I experimented with turning on Jumbo packets on the ethernet interfaces, but noticed some stability issues on the network so I went back to normal packets. Nearly all the available services on the NAS have been turned off except for file sharing.

HI tallengnr,

Thanks for your comments.

I have solved my problem. It was a software setting error (DHCP). I am also running my system at jumbo packets,MTU value of 9000. The network status also confirms that this is the network handling capacity. No problems with the stability; as yet.

Sweet music with Itunes, Audirvana all go at 100%