IGNORED

Registry Errors: Unused File Extentions, invalid or empty File Classifications

Honestly, if it were me I would just do a clean OS install because registry errors are notoriously difficult to diagnose and/or repair.

As I said before, I suspect this is iTunes/QT related because all of the file extensions you referenced before are typically associated with iTunes.

I'm not at all certain that reinstalling will solve the problem, but either way it's one more step toward making the proper diagnosis. It's also possible that reinstalling and then uninstalling may clean up whatever registry mucking occurred the first time around, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hey, PO, I'm not a computer brain, but wanted to give you some info. When I was having trouble with my home sharing between t laptops, I went to an Apple store. They got me squared away quickly, toe problem wasmthat Bonjour program which was turned off or something. Thingsnlike that don't appear on the desktop so, after ruminating on this today I would offer two cents for ya. One, being that bonjour is an apple deal, it sounds like these other folks are right and it is an iTunes or QuickTime problem. Second, as I said, since there are moremthings unseen than seen on a computer, it will be difficult figure them out your own. Remember in Slingblade, when, after all the diagnostics were exhausted, Billy Bob Thornton found the problem "out of gas". And I think thirdly, when mixing religions, if you will (apple and pc) all these conflicting programs, philosophies, applications and programs eventually can crap out if the electronic house of cards is crippled by one little misplaced keystroke. By now I m invested in hearing the satisfactory conclusion to As The Computer Turns. Please let me know what is found out.

One: I have already stated that I am not interested in a

portable MAC-MAC Mini whatever! Reason: Questionable, if not

very costly upgrade path. Path of least resistance, modular

PC Desktop. Two: MAC Desktop costs, on the average, twice as

much as PC equivalent. Three: Can't afford a luxury item, like

a Desktop MAC. Modular PC Desktop is dirt cheap to upgrade, and

I can upgrade as finances allow. Four: Have already stated that

I have absolutely nothing against MAC, just not going to rob a Bank to get one. It is a LUXURY ITEM, period! Luxury Items take

a hit during a Recession, with U.S Government (Taxpayers-Us)

owing 14 Trillion Dollars! Your Taxes are going up, get used to it! Certainly paying more for gas, and Health Care, which will continue to inflate. Can you sell your MAC for a new

Kidney, or Chemotherapy if you need it? PC, MAC Mini, MAC,

Computers are Disposable in the purist sense. They are already

way outdated by the time you buy the latest and greatest.

MAC Mini's, and iPads are certainly disposable as Bic lighters

and you know it! Remember the Commercial, "I just bought this

one!"? Are you seriously going to trash your Retirement Fund,

and Juniors College Fund, to get the latest-and greatest-

Outdated MAC every year? It is a free Country-knock yourself

out! Some of us preserve the right to choose a different path-

again part of that free Country stuff. It means that we have

the right to be insufferably stupid if we want! You have that

right too, everyone does! It is part of our freedom of choice,

even though it irritates you to no end-GOOD! That is what it is there for! I would rather crash a PC, than operate a MAC.

Why?, because of your endless /obssessive /obstinant /

incessant/ nauseating/ attitude about MACs, and for no other

reason. I would rob a Bank, and get a MAC already, if but for your attitude! Thank-You for keeping me out of jail! Congradulations-you have convinced me NEVER to go near a MAC

again. Why?, because it would please you!

For anyone else, I have not dismissed your suggestions. I

thought that was clear. So What if I destroy the Registry

anyways by playing with it! If I re-install the OS anyways,

it won't make any difference! They are disposable! A Recycling Bin isn't part of a Computer, they ARE a Recycling Bin. Maybe it is just time to take out the trash, and stop worshipping a Trash Can for crying out loud! Aren't you tired of Recycling

the same old Trash? I certainly am! Do you have any NEW material, and I mean NEW!