IGNORED

Introducing the Sonore opticalRendu Deluxe

I posted some thoughts on the new opticalRendu Deluxe in the Signature Rendu SE Deluxe thread:

I have to disagree with Jesus here on his comment "there is no magic dial to increase and decrease detail or warmth."  The cool thing about the audio hobby is that there are plenty of ways to change tonal balance more to one's liking. 

Pretty much time I've upgraded a component that is more resolving and neutral and dynamic, I've had to make some other change to my system to regain my preferred tonal balance. 

Guy says:

<<To be clear, I do not look for more details (the OR has plenty) but for a ‘warmer’ sound (with the details / nuances of the OR, it would be fantastic).>>

That is exactly one of the fun challenges of the audio hobby.  Achieve more resolution but maintain realistic tone.

There are lots of ways to do it without getting new speakers or headphones:

* Better power supply with a touch of warmth as Jesus says.

* New power cord on that power supply.

* New fuse for the power supply with a bit of warmth.  Like a Synergistic Purple (or the new Pink?  not sure)

* New power cord and/or fuse on the DAC

* Warmer fiber optics cable like the Cisco 10Gb SFP+ AOC.

* Use EQ and Phase correction.  It's a very powerful tool to get one's preferred frequency balance.  I recommend Audiolense.  It's a big project, though. :). It can save a lot of money on "tonal angst" - for example, changing treble response by 0.5 db is often a stronger effect than an expensive power cord.

* Etc., etc.  as one goes up the chain

My system here

3 minutes ago, BCRich said:

I think his comment meant as far as design/build is concerned. We all know Power Supplies and/or Cables can tweak the overall presentation.

Didn't John Swenson wave his magic dial around and increase the resolution via a new design?

My system here

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

No “waving” at all. Just very focused and technical engineering refinements!

Exactly was the point I was trying to make by bringing up the electrical engineer designer.  There is a magic dial for digital audio but the magic is all about science and engineering.

It sounds like some magic will be incorporated into some future Uptone projects -- that's cool!

My system here