IGNORED

iFi audio DC Blocker+ eliminates transformer rumble noise

Did you try to use the DC blocker only with your Humidifier? Since it caused the change, perhaps it could help to isolate it from the rest. I expect your Humidifier to be connected to different wall socket than your audio equipment.

There may be also higher frequency noise generated by the Humidifier which cannot be caught by DC blocker. Product to address this is iFi AC Purifier.

I don't know what was the price of your Humidifier and if you still can return it and try something else.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 hours ago, bogi said:

Did you try to use the DC blocker only with your Humidifier? Since it caused the change, perhaps it could help to isolate it from the rest.

When DC blocker only connects to Humidifier, it is somewhat effective, buzz noise from the transformer that connected to wall receptacle becomes very small, but slight buzzing remains and the noise level fluctuates. Maybe other home appliances in my house or neighbor's cause the transformer buzz.

From the observation, in my case, the transformer buzz problem is solved when all the audio equipment connected to one DC blocker+, DC blocker+ is rated 10A, so it is OK for my setup, but it is YMMV

The humidifier is not high-end productx-D it is pretty powerful and I like it.

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

I measured Humidifier current draw with Picoscope 4444 and CATIII probe and found it is half wave rectifier when it is operated in low power mode!
It definitely causes DC offset to rumble audio transformers

Oscilloscope_LowPower.thumb.png.4ea747c4a0ca85ca59ae295784c9cdf2.png

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin