IGNORED

HiFi Privacy, Data, Groups ... and You May Be The Product

On 2/20/2024 at 5:13 PM, Jud said:

Just a note to say no one should take healthcare action based on results from one of the ancestry companies, which are notoriously subject to error. If you want information about medical conditions, have testing done by an accredited medical lab.

Agreed. One need look no further than the reported cases of these companies producing different results from DNA samples submitted by identical twins, a genetic impossibility.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

12 hours ago, Jud said:

Startpage is Google search through an anonymizing proxy.

Strange if it is, because it did not produce the same results as Google.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

13 hours ago, Jud said:

What Chris said, and also throw in differences in location caused by the proxy, plus differences caused by absence of other personal information, plus whatever I haven't thought of that would cause a difference in the Google page rank algorithm.

I suppose the above explains what I experienced. The Google result was more directly related to my specific query, which was of a somewhat local nature. I don't pretend to understand how Google's algorithm works. 🙂