IGNORED

Guidance / help please...

A move to a new apartment with rather less listening space than previously is prompting me to drastically simplify my music system...

I plan to purchase a pair of Dynaudio Focus 10's and primarily use Spotify (or similar) however, I have around 4000 cd's that have been ripped into ALAC files.

Currently these are accessed via a dedicated MacBook Pro using Apple Music with external hard drives.

I had thought of transferring these files to a NAS drive and thus have them available on my home wifi network.

With little or no experience of streaming the question I have is please;

Can the forum members recommend a reliable and simple app for use on iPhone / iPad that would allow these ALAC files to be accessed via wifi and then stream the music via the iPhone / iPad to the Dynaudio Focus 10's. The app would also require the functionality for searching the file library by artist / title / genre etc.

If there is a more eloquent / simpler / better solution do please educate me but, please speak to me in very simple language as you might a small child or a golden retriever!

Thank you kindly in advance

From the website the Dynaudios come with streaming capabilities including network. Personally I would check the Dynaudio app and see if it could pull directly from your hard drives connected to your MacBook. 

You will probably need a home network and if the router has a USB port, might be able to pull directly and skip the MacBook.  Note though that a few years ago...my efforts were not good.

If the Dynaudio app is yuck...look at Wiim network streamer.  Would have to check if you can directly connect an external harddrive.  An inexpensive, small NAS (Qnap, synology, etc) might be an option.

I am stuck in the past...I use a squeezebox Touch, Logitech Media Server (supported by a community...Logitech gave up) running on a QNAP NAS loaded with my music and use my phone or iPad to control using iPeng.  The WiiM Pro+ will replace the Touch when it fails (going on 15 years old i think).

If purchasing from a dealer, I would work with the dealer for options that would appeal to you.  You can download manuals here: Dynaudio Focus 10 | Bookshelf | Complete active music system.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Hi Scot, welcome to the forum !

The descripion of the new Focus 10 sound like they are almost complete, you may like to find options with a WESA type of pre-amp/streamer to allow additional analog inputs if needed.

For your question concerning lossless streaming to your new speakers - an app like JPLAY for IOS comes to mind.
However, you didn't mention if you have NAS in your network or have your library on IPad/ext storage or another computer?
You need to define your library source in order to allow us to reccommend fitting solutions.

Enjoy your (next) move ;-)
Tom