IGNORED

Does OPPO 105 USB DAC input support DOP for DSD streams from computers (with Roon of JRiver)?

I recently started to use my OPPO 105 as an alternative USB DAC in my desk setup for audio streams from the iMAC. My preferred DAC there is a Chord Mojo. I also have a large collection of DSD audio files (up to DSD 2x). It is there a setting on the OPPO 105 to handle DOP for DSD files (without converting them to FLAC in the process; I use JRiver and Roon as main players for my own content on the iMac). For the Mojo it is no problem. Given that the OPPO 105 has broad support for DSD, SACD, etc, there must be a possibility to handle DOP up to at least DSD(2x).

P.S. For a longtime I used a OPPO HA1 as preferred DAC for my desk setup, however, it dead after 10 years of service.

these are the specs for USB/SPDIF input from the 105 manual

USB Audio: up to 2ch/192kHz PCM.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: up to 2ch/96kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC

Chord does not natively do DSD, its supports DoP to PCM conversion.

It does cause me to sigh that my 103 has SACD type DSD disc capability but you can't stream that to it, ohh the shenanigans of SACD copyright protection.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I don’t think the 105 can accept DSD over USB DAC input,  see 

https://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=135&ProdID=BDP-93

You can play DSD from network shares or USB storage attached to the 105.

I can’t remember if it applies, but probably best to ensure  SACD Priority is set to DSD.

It may well also work via DLNA, using something like JRiver/JRemote,  MConnect or JPLAY but you will need to enable either DoP or not DoP ( can’t remember)  in the relevant  software settings.