IGNORED

HQPlayer Local Library and Streaming Input

Hi Guys, I'm working on some solutions for playback of both Apple Music and a local library, all from an iPhone and without making any app adjustments. I keep thinking this is possible if using HQPlayer, but I'm unsure. 

I like to:

HQPlayer local library > upsampled > output via Merging Ravenna driver on macOS

Apple Music streaming > output to Blackhole > HQPlayer input set to Blackhole > upsampled >  output via Merging Ravenna driver on macOS

If this works, then I can use an iPhone for playback, albeit two different apps, but that's OK. I'm also open to other suggestions. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Perhaps if there is a way to adjust the input to audio:default/48000/12 without using the desktop interface, then this will work. If I manually change this, then Apple Music will stream through HQP. Playing any local album using the iOS remote app, automatically changes playback to the local album and it's all good. 

Question: Is there a way to change this section from the iOS app or create a track that's capable of changing this? @Miska?

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 12.06.10 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

For example I created a m3u file with this content:

audio:default/44100/2
audio:default/48000/2
audio:default/88200/2
audio:default/96000/2
audio:default/176400/2
audio:default/192000/2
http://192.168.0.145:56923/content/psc.wav

(the last line looks like for radio broadcasts, it is for streaming from foobar2000)

I did not try that with HQPDcontrol, but when I drag and drop such a file to HQPlayer Desktop, this is the result:

image.png.8359db36bbba830289ec8cf616f99965.png

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
14 minutes ago, bogi said:

For example I created a m3u file with this content:

audio:default/44100/2
audio:default/48000/2
audio:default/88200/2
audio:default/96000/2
audio:default/176400/2
audio:default/192000/2
http://192.168.0.145:56923/content/psc.wav

(the last line looks like for radio broadcasts, it is for streaming from foobar2000)

I did not try that with HQPDcontrol, but when I drag and drop such a file to HQPlayer Desktop, this is the result:

image.png.8359db36bbba830289ec8cf616f99965.png

I can't get the m3u or m3u8 playlists to work at all in HQP5. Not even using the open menu in the desktop app. Must be doing something wrong. 

In the Desktop app, I did drag&drop to HQPlayer Desktop transport area. AFAIK HQPlayer Desktop 5 does not have a menu item for loading a playlist.

HQPlayer Client allows to choose a playlist file (m3u, m3u8 or pls).

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

The input device or HTTP stream needs to be available for HQPlayer in order to appear in the transport area. HQPlayer inserts an item here only if it is really ready for playback.

19 minutes ago, bogi said:

The input device or HTTP stream needs to be available for HQPlayer in order to appear in the transport area. HQPlayer inserts an item here only if it is really ready for playback.

If I drag an m3u created by JRiver that points to real files it works. If I have one file in the playlist then my line for audio:… only the actual file abc.wav shows up. 

Then it looks to me HQPlayer has some issue to recognize the audio:.... line,
or the input device is not ready (for example not turned on if it is an external USB device).

The attached file works for me when I drop it on HQPlayer Desktop. You may need to adapt it since you use some 12ch device.

URI_playlist.m3u

Edit: Maybe you need also to adapt newlines, since the file is written in Windows. Maybe HQPlayer recognizes it correctly without adaption.

8 minutes ago, bogi said:

Then it looks to me HQPlayer has some issue to recognize the audio:.... line,
or the input device is not ready (for example not turned on if it is an external USB device).

The attached file works for me when I drop it on HQPlayer Desktop. You may need to adapt it since you use some 12ch device.

URI_playlist.m3u

Edit: Maybe you need also to adapt newlines, since the file is written in Windows. Maybe HQPlayer recognizes it correctly without adaption.

Thank you!

With a known working file, I can narrow down the possible issues. 

The input device is just Apple Music on the local machine sending audio through a virtual interface to HQP. Its always ready. 

For automatic input rate switching to work with Apple Music, you need to do some hardware magic with input side. There are few known hardware solutions that work for this purpose.

I've listed the needed things so many times, that I will go through it again only if such information is wanted here... 😅

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

For automatic input rate switching to work with Apple Music, you need to do some hardware magic with input side. There are few known hardware solutions that work for this purpose.

I've listed the needed things so many times, that I will go through it again only if such information is wanted here... 😅

I only need 24/48 to work in this case, so I’m fine.