IGNORED

Apple Music really Hi Rez?

STC

I don’t see any frequencies above 20 kHz even for Apple hires files. 

IMG_1338.thumb.png.219df202e5e317164eadc598355acb6f.png

Here is the live spectrogram feeding the DAW. As you can see the sampling rate is at 96 kHz and all you see only noise above the 20 kHz. 

and look at the noise which can be found in some tracks. 

Can anyone confirm if you have listened to tracks with contents above 20kHz?

It looks like Youtube muted the audio. IIRC, Apple said the wireless transmission is lossy. I am not an expert with this sort of things but the noise that you see as indicated in the red line seemed to be coming from the source. Mine is streaming directly from PV via USB to DAC. 

1) Can we conclude the contents is only up to 20 kHz irrespective of the file resolution?

2) What the noise as indicated by the red line? It can be found only in some tracks. 

IMG_1339.thumb.jpeg.5520b742c8e7501e8a9cb89ce8f02812.jpeg

5 hours ago, STC said:

It looks like Youtube muted the audio. IIRC, Apple said the wireless transmission is lossy. I am not an expert with this sort of things but the noise that you see as indicated in the red line seemed to be coming from the source. Mine is streaming directly from PV via USB to DAC. 

1) Can we conclude the contents is only up to 20 kHz irrespective of the file resolution?

2) What the noise as indicated by the red line? It can be found only in some tracks. 

IMG_1339.thumb.jpeg.5520b742c8e7501e8a9cb89ce8f02812.jpeg

Solved. CRT interference.