IGNORED

Dual AES to USB DDC?

Curious if anyone know of any quality digital to digital convertor that can take Dual AES inputs and convert to USB output to go into a DAC?  I've been looking around but it might be something that doesn't exist? I want to use "it" on the Aqua LinQ which has dual AES output to go into a USB DAC.  Thanks in advance for any insight!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'd like to connect USB DDC to PC, and USB DDC dual AES/EBU out to Aqua LinQ dual AES/EBU in, and send 176.4kHz 24bit 4ch DoP to play DSD128 (5.6MHz 1bit 2ch) sound. Is it correct?

I have Lynx Aurora 8, which can output up to 4 AES/EBU (176.4kHz 24bit 2ch/4ch/6ch/8ch) with "snake cable" (picture attached).

Searching "AES/EBU DB25" to find similar other products

DIGY85b.thumb.jpg.044c3f32a7285c92574b720ead463b02.jpg

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

4 hours ago, hicr49 said:

My goal is to take the Dual AES out from Aqua LinQ into the DD and convert the digital signal to USB out into my USB DAC so I can transfer high res DSD digital signal (DSD128, DSD256, DSD512) into my USB DAC.  

The Aqua Linq supports maximum DSD128 from its dual AES output. I am not aware of any device which converts dual AES to USB. The Aqua Linq is a excellent device and I would recommend to buy a new DAC which has the right inputs to work with the Aqua Linq. If you want to stick with your DAC the other option would be to replace the Linq with an USB output streamer.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I think it is easier to find DAC that accept dual AES/EBU DoP DSD128 input. There are several choices in the market.

If you'd like to convert Dual AES 176.4kHz 4ch 24bit DoP DSD128 (5.6MHz 1bit 2ch) to USB Audio out (ASIO DSD or DoP 4ch 176.4kHz 24bit) on realtime no matter what, it is necessary to develop PC-based protocol conversion software by yourself, there is no such software in the world, last I checked. There is technical difficulty of clocking for such protocol conversions: AES/EBU does not have flow control and carries the clock signal from source device, and typical USB DSD playback devices work with its own free running clock on the device (Asynchronous isochronous USB Audio), therefore in order to avoid periodical pop noise by FIFO overruns/underruns caused by drift of two clocks, software based DSD asynchronous sample rate converter is needed, and I'm not sure if there is no such thing exists. Even when it is properly implemented, it modifies bit patterns (not bit-perfect playback), and some audiophiles consider it as compromised and do not like it.

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

Thank you for the inputs, guys!  Very much appreciated.  

Yeah, there's probably no such device in the market at the moment.  I thought I would just ask in case I miss something out there.  

I'd ran through two handful of DACs over the past years, and finally found something I really like so was hoping not to swap again ...yet.  LinQ is an excellent device, just a bummer that it doesn't have an USB output option.