IGNORED

Clueless and need direction on downloads

1 hour ago, brad225 said:

I'm 70 and still scratch my head at how some of this works. 

In my old setup I used a laptop to run my system for ripping and downloading music.

I used JRiver as the system on the laptop to rip my discs to my Synology NAS. 

When I used the laptop wired to the CD drive for ripping and placing on the NAS and downloading directly from the internet the process seemed straight forward. 

I changed my system and now use a iPad with Roon and Qobuz that has the SonicTransporter i9 as the server. The iPad connects wirelessly to my SonicTransporter that either draws music from the Synology or Qobuz for music I don't own. 

I would like to download music from ProStudioMasters but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I understand the part about going to the PSM site and selecting and paying for the download.

If I am on my iPad, where I would make the purchase will it automatically give me the choice of it going to my Synology? If not how do I go about the download.

I have reached out to Small Green Computer and the suggestion was to go to Google and see how to download to an NAS. I did but, there was nothing finite enough to be of any help. 

Do any of you know where I can find a very basic set of instructions on how to perform this, I am guessing, rather simple operation, once you know.

Thanks Brad

I can help. With any download site, like ProStudioMasters, you will be able to dl right away and a dl link to your email. So, some like HDAudio, have their own software to dl with and after dl you can move it anywhere.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

With a Synology drive it is not hard to setup for Android or iOS. Not sure about the others.

I have a Synology drive, mostly for storing pictures. My main PC is my music server.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

9 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

On a side note:
Assuming that the TS doesn't buy the full library of PSM,

He may install their (PSM) download manager

(https://support.prostudiomasters.com/category/7-download-manager)

on the I9 ST and pointing Roon on the chosen folder for these downloads in order to include them in his library
And then looks for help with Synology about transfering files/folder from a computer to a dedicated folder on his NAS.
Attention: when you transfer the files as a copy to a dedicated NAS folder, that folder needs to be integrated as source for the ROON library, and you may the music files may appear twice in the lib as long as you haven't deleted them from the download folder on the I9.

Not an expert at all, just what I know and how I use it. I will always take advice from people more knowledgeable than me.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590