IGNORED

Help- I need a method to play a *.DSF file via a UPNP phone app on my streamer

Psilonaught

I am having my DAC being modified to accept RJ45 I2S. The engineer has both my DAC and my streamer (Aqua LinQ). He needs to test the connection by sending a DSD stream to the DAC. The LinQ is the UPNP version.

Therefore I need a method to play a DSF file (DSD) via a UPNP app on his mobile phone into the LinQ. He has downloaded a test DSF file.

I was told to try Mconnect but it doesn't recognise DSD files, e.g. when browsing to the folder on his phone with the DSF file, Mconnect doesn't see the file in the folder?

Any ideas? I can use Bubble UPNP but that approach transcodes the audio to WAV.

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

As I can read from your other posts you have Audirvana that is capable to stream files (dsf too) to a UPNP streamer. If they are all connected on the same lan (same subnet) Audirvana will show under Network players your streamer

I stupidly didn't give the engineer my NUC so that isn't possible unfortunately 

That didn't work. Minimserver running on my laptop and Mconnect lite app. I can connect to the server and see my test DSF file but it says the file type isn't supported.

FFS why doesn't it work !?

Note Im using my android phone as the player as my streamer isn't here (it is with the engineer as I explained)

Screenshot_20230226-091355.png

I have Minimserver on my NAS and BubbleUPnP on my Android phone. My exaSound streamer shows it is receiving DSF files, even up to 11.2MHz. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

16 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Look carefully the screenshot … he is trying to play to his phone …

Oops. thanks for the clarification. 

I just played a DSF file from my NAS to my phone. It transcoded to 352.8kHz, 16 bits WAV. That's pretty great resolution. Why would one need DSF to play bit perfect?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.