IGNORED

What software/driver software should I use for an EMMLABS DAC (XDS1/V3) and Windows 11? Thank you.

• bellhead changed the title to Software to play FLAC files stored on my Windows(11) computer using my EMMLABS (Meitner) DAC via USB? [MSI laptop to EMMLABS XDS1/V3 cdp/dac using Jriver]
15 minutes ago, bellhead said:

Where can I get the (latest) software for Windows 11 to play my FLAC file collection (I use Jriver now) using my EMMLABS (Meitner) XDS1/V3 (cdp with USB DAC capability)?

I believe it the same software used by all the current EMMLABS DAC now in production.

I was told I should see this:

"It would come up in your audio devices as XMOS or XMOS XS1-L1 Audio which is the generic name of the USB audio interface chip."

I have some old EMM software from several years ago but when I try to play a file using the associated application Jriver complains that it is ASIO and cannot play it. Also, the XDS1/V3 shows up in the Windows device manager under other devices, not as a USB device, if that means anything.

Thank you very much for any help here.

Other device meaning unknown device. If you have the older windows driver installed, I'd suggest uninstalling it as that may be  causing the issue.

Lots of Windows changes since 2015, not least of which is signed driver requirements. Until the device is recognized, you wont be able to use USB audio

with it but does sound like manufacturer is saying its in the downloadable Windows driver database.

I did find this thread on the forum from 2014/15, might want to read it, use it for more help.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• bellhead changed the title to What software/driver software should I use for an EMMLABS DAC (XDS1/V3) and Windows 11? Thank you.
9 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Other device meaning unknown device. If you have the older windows driver installed, I'd suggest uninstalling it as that may be  causing the issue.

Lots of Windows changes since 2015, not least of which is signed driver requirements. Until the device is recognized, you wont be able to use USB audio

with it but does sound like manufacturer is saying its in the downloadable Windows driver database.

I did find this thread on the forum from 2014/15, might want to read it, use it for more help.

Thank you. I will note here just for background info that I love the EMM's sound, finding it much more resolving and musical (on redbook along with DSD) than my Chord DAC. I do enjoy my Chord, but the EMM is just endgame for me. Just my opinion here.