IGNORED

Article: Immersive Music and Some Current Favorites, Part 4 

Yesterday I set up my living room 2-channel system to evaluate a product I am reviewing. I listened for a while to some tracks that I understood very well. Things work fine, yet the system sound is off. I shrug and go back down to my office. Something about the upstairs system is bugging me, so I fire up the ATMOS system and play the same tracks. They sound "right, really right ."OH, Bob, you silly person, the ATMOS system is DSP corrected; my brain and ears are not broken. As I am working, I put the Audiophile Style ATMOS playlist on. The snow globe of music around me is back again, and all is right with the world, well, this little part of it.

"Quaid, Free Your Mind" I am not a mutant mind reader on Mars; I am not in a chair at Recall; I am at home immersed in music that touches my core.

Now to make WAV files to listen to Mr. Big! in TrueHD. Thanks for the tip on that one. I did not open the email!

10 hours ago, ted_b said:

And the good mixes are a revelation.  It's a view into music that actually has always existed in three dimensions anyway.  And now we get to hear it.

I would like to add that the artists have a new dimension to explore.  And to ask those at the mixing console to let us hear what you and the performer can do.  No not crush your work!  

On 1/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Last note, sometimes I publish these articles and think "nobody" likes them.

Thank goodness there is an infinite amount of digital ink

We have it stuck in our collective heads that Stereo is “all we can do”.  

As you said above:

“My musical world has opened up very wide since I installed my system. “

Does it feel odd that we have to be “advocates” for Immersive Audio?