IGNORED

Problem mapping a Synology NAS folder in Roon

Chris_B

Question

I've looked through all the online articles I could find and YouTube videos to no avail.  Very frustrating since I know this is a common problem.  I've looked everywhere through the DSM settings to adjust my music folder permissions but I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

image.thumb.png.c356dbd9340f0800372e5b62b9c740a1.png

3 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Chris_B said:

I've looked through all the online articles I could find and YouTube videos to no avail.  Very frustrating since I know this is a common problem.  I've looked everywhere through the DSM settings to adjust my music folder permissions but I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

image.thumb.png.c356dbd9340f0800372e5b62b9c740a1.png

Has this worked previously or is this a new connection?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, cjf said:

Looks like a possible permissions issue. Try to add the Everyone/Anyone group to the Music folder Share within the Synology.

That was the hint I needed.  I had only adjusted the permissions for the "Local User". When I adjusted the permissions for the "System internal user", it let me add the folder in the Roon Storage menu.  

It's a new add. I just set up my Synology NAS as the Core and loaded my library to a drive in the NAS.  I know that this isn't the preferred way to do it compared to a NUC running Roon Rock but so far so good.  My old PC with an external USB drive was giving me problems so I wanted to see how this would work.  

image.thumb.png.633388c5ca8496c17b694db35783043c.png