IGNORED

Ian Tyson RIP

bobbmd

So sorry to hear.  I discovered Ian and Sylvia when I was in college starting in 1963.  They were recording for Vanguard and I bought all of their albums as they came out.  Ian's voice often reminded me of Elvis and Sylvia had such a distinctive voice.  Their big hit, "Four Strong Winds"  came from their second album.  I think I may have worn out their albums playing them so much.  The last of their albums that I bought was "Full Circle" which was the second album that they released after switching labels to MGM.   Some great memories.   Many years later, I rebought several of their albums which were remastered and released I think by Cisco in audiophile versions.  

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

31 minutes ago, the_bat said:

One of the greats. 

Four Strong Winds and Summer Wages rank among the finest songs ever written. Tom Russell was a friend and fan. 

I would add Someday Soon as well. Ian thanked Judy Collins for her cover hit, which significantly contributed to the cost of his Alberta ranch. Ian and Sylvia were major contributors to the folk music boom of the 1960's. Her harmonies blended so well with his rich baritone. RIP Ian.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 2 weeks later...