IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS Is Now Available

Cool, I will play around with this one of these days.

Edit:

Can someone let me know if I am understanding how this works. If I have minimserver and HQPlayer Embedded running on the network, then I will be able to play both my local files, and Qobuz to HQP Embedded and use Jplay as the control point?

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Well, I am a lifetime Roon user + HQPlayerEmbedded as well.

The main reasons I am going to support Jplay for IOS, at least for the 1st year:

1) the 1st non-roon player that supports integrating local and streaming music. This is really key for me, so great job done.

2) except for the controller (IOS only) a real multiplatform solution : Windows, Mac, Linux, …., all capable of supporting this.

3) superfast 

4) (hopefully) a player that will focus on quality, instead of functionality all in the wild ( do you hear me Roon!)

5) a developper willing to interact and support its customers, without his ego sitting in the way (do you hear me D….)

6) to summarize 4 & 5  finally real competition to Roon.

My only request would be for an extended trial time, in order to get it really working.  Still some testing and work to do before I can really start ‘enjoying’ it.

My 1st year subscription stands in any case.

Looking forward to the day Jplay for IOS is my preferred music player.

This is how I feel about Jplay as well at the moment.

I have to try and keep in perspective that this is version 1 of 1 and as there is with any software there will be hiccups, but overall it is a great bit of software, works well, minor quibbles aside. I will happily support the continued development of jplay.

I apologize if I didn't see it, is there an official support email where Marcin would like people to send bugs and/or issues using the software?

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, One and a half said:

Both Audirvana and JPLAY remotes list your purchases from Qobuz, maybe it's a 'feature' of Qobuz. Audirvana displays in the album list on an icon of a home are local files, whereas a turntable looking Q indicates that album is available on Qobuz. Qobuz don't normally offer the providence of the album, FWIW, I've never seen MFSL listing on Qobuz, probably never will.

Only jPlay puts those purchased albums in the main library view giving duplicate albums, one local and one on Qobuz.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Well, when you buy an album at Qobuz, it is added to your Favorites (in Qobuz).

When you download your purchased album and add it to your scanned storage, Jplay does not know where that album is coming from. Hence 2 identical albums.  

I checked my favorites, they are not there.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've been encouraging UPnP server deveopers to incorporate more features into the core of their software. A convolution engine would be nice, as would upsamping. However, I appear to be an edge case, thinking that these would be good optioins :~)

HQPEmbedded ?

No electron left behind.

Perhaps you can answer a question for me Chris, or anyone for that matter. I have a TrueNAS device, is there a way to run MinimServer on that? It's not specifically listed on the MinimServer website, so currently I am running MinimServer on my trusty old 2011 Mac mini, running Ubuntu server, that just doesn't want to die. 

If not, then I guess this is a good solution as it doesn't tax the machine at all, its currently sitting at ~1.5% total CPU usage while I play music.

No electron left behind.

21 hours ago, Apollo said:

Hi Jud

I agree that the album view(s) for an artist could benefit from some improvements.

I believe it all starts with the fact that for Qobuz only Favorized Artists are shown.  Being a Roon user, i never favorized Artists in Qobuz (with 3 exceptions), so in JPlay on the Home screen I see 3 Atists in the heading

image.thumb.png.279beed8c1b4cac206e83c0b82b79057.png

When I perform a search for e.g. The Doobie Brothers, I get all their (and related) albums, found at Qobuz & locally

image.thumb.png.0e83a5435f5af3f11dc353cf73993844.png

Unfortunately, you cannot see if you have them locally, Qobuz favorized or not in your Library.  That is definitely missing.

Clicking an album that I know is in my Library (local for this example) 

image.thumb.png.c505e9377c15ce2b8aaf5b1402189320.png

Only when I scroll down, i then see what versions I have in my library

image.thumb.png.466028a9bf6f7981ec4838dbef53408e.png

If I start looking for The Doobie Brothers in My Local Network, where I have a populated Artist list, I then get my local albums only.

image.thumb.png.ed8dcbe23d5eba04610f8c28b9d94a34.png

So I agree it need some rework.

(it could maybe work if Qobuz would automatically favorize the corresponding  artist when you favorize an album, but it is safe toassume that will never happen)

Is this a windows PC?

You're using an iOS app on a windows PC and complaining about the iOS app not working the way you want it to?

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Well, the easiest way for me to send iPad  screenshots (with annotations) is to 1st send them to my Windows PC and work from there. I am not an ´artist´on my iPad, sorry.

ok, I guess thats a reasonable answer. Would you like me to show you how easy it is to do on an ipad?

No electron left behind.

16 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

They are not missing - these are under Artists -> Focus (Role Type)

Focus > Artists > Role Type only works on the Qobuz Artists I have favorited, which is only 30. That, and the many more options for Classical music, which I am sure give everyone making this kind of software, headaches, should be available to my local library as well so I can take advantage of the meticulous tagging I have done over the years.

My opinion of course.

Also, should volume control work with HQPe to adjust volume in real time?

No electron left behind.