Question

i have a yamaha rx-592 receiver

rockville req42 equalier

sunbuck av338st 2500 watt power amplifer 

speakers 

klipsch ksf 8.5 75 watt max 300 watt peak

welton pro studio 300 watts per sde

dahlquest dh 10  150 - 200 watts

i have my 4k samsung going to the equalizer input then from the equalizer i have the yahmaha rx-592 receiver with the dalquest and klipsch speakers (connected as 6.1)

the power amp has the welton pro studio speakers

every pair of speakers works well no sound loss or over heating for the receiver which is my question

for haveing 2 pairs of speakers connected to the receiver at a totall of 500 watts for a 230 watt receiver (75 per channel) why am i not over heating the unit or blowing speakers?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JaredM42 said:

i have a yamaha rx-592 receiver

rockville req42 equalier

sunbuck av338st 2500 watt power amplifer 

speakers 

klipsch ksf 8.5 75 watt max 300 watt peak

welton pro studio 300 watts per sde

dahlquest dh 10  150 - 200 watts

i have my 4k samsung going to the equalizer input then from the equalizer i have the yahmaha rx-592 receiver with the dalquest and klipsch speakers (connected as 6.1)

the power amp has the welton pro studio speakers

every pair of speakers works well no sound loss or over heating for the receiver which is my question

for haveing 2 pairs of speakers connected to the receiver at a totall of 500 watts for a 230 watt receiver (75 per channel) why am i not over heating the unit or blowing speakers?

Why do you think the receiver should be overheating or speakers blowing?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 11/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, JaredM42 said:

I'm not following the math on this statement above or what makes up the 6.1 configuration you mention but in any case, according to the manual the unit appears to output the following into each channel..assuming 8ohms.

gfdre32.PNG

Also another thing to mention is that both speakers connected to the receiver are rated at 8ohms. Its not clear to me how you have them physically connected to the receiver but if there are two speakers connected to both the Right Front/Left Front channels the amps running those channels will probably see something like a 4ohm load just using the ratings provided but the real world load that they actually  present to the amps in those channels is an unknown.

Typically Klipsch speakers are very efficient and require very little power to output higher SPL's. Not sure what the efficiency is of the dahlquest's but my guess would be that the high efficiency of the Klipsch speakers (likely true) is helping to ease the load on the amps. 

Not sure what your listening habits are but if you listen at a fairly low level this will also help ease the burden on the amps in the receiver. 

on the yamaha receiver i have the klipsch on the right and left a and a homebrew on right and left b 

power amp is connected to audio out of the reciver and it has the welton pro studio speakers with an emenince omega sub parralel from the weltons on each side i'm honestly thinking i need at least a 500 watt receiver or higher for what i'm trying to do though