IGNORED

connected both Warfdale Lintons 85s and Klipsch 600Ms

So I thought I would stack my 600Ms on top of my Warfdale Lintons. I ran them through my Rotel A11 tribute with the Warfdale in A and the Klipsch in B. I a/b them and ran them all at once. to me it sounds best with them all running simultaneously. The a/b comparison to me the Lintons sounded best but with them all running the Klipsch's add a little to the top end with really make the system shine. Am I crazy lol and thoughts as to why? My guess is that the warmth of the Warfdales and the excitement of the 600Ms kind of balance each other out?

Gene 

Your balance is likely better but you have compromised sound stage by using two different speakers, there will be smearing in the time domain because of different driver behavior between the two speakers. An equalizer would be a less disruptive approach. It’s not uncommon for people to measure the frequency room response and time domain behavior of their speaker system and correct for both

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Or a DSP system might be better. I have the Lintons and for me I don't have the balance issue you have. I am wondering if you have problems with your room and, the Lintons are a harder load to drive, so your amp might not be up to the task.

I am using a Benchmark AHB2 which is double the power but can drive a 2-ohm load.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 1 month later...

What you are experiencing is what's called "Lobing". (Whether or not you actually realize it at this time)

You may like it now but when you realize it? It will drive you knuckin' futz and the only way to rid your system of this is to go back down to one speaker set. Setups like this are fun for a short stint but will not last over the long haul.

That said, we did have a bit of fun one time with 3 sets of speakers. A pair of Carver Platinums, a pair of Carver ALIII's and a pair of Amazings (originals) all hooked up, in stereo on one system. We called it, "The Wall of Sound". That was definitely an experience for the books! Tried the same thing at another GTG with 2 pair of stacked 1.2TL Polk SDA's. Both were fun to listen to but....

Tom