IGNORED

Yggdrasil+ Announced

Despite the common name brand, I think the LiM is a more or less a different DAC than the A2/OG. They simply present differently and while I like some things about A2 quite a lot (enough to want to spend a small amount to put those A2 boards into a chassis), the LiM offers the intangible yet audible things that make it a different sound overall.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Agree with all that and not surprised to read the MiL is the Thunderdome loser. I seem to recall that Jason was the "only" person who liked the sound of those new TI chips in the MiL (I'm sure there must've been others). And while the showdown of flavors was a fun idea, and great for marketing, it also pretty much put the MiL in the dog house. I don't seem to read impressions from anyone who has one, but I'd love to get ears on one myself.

If you read Jason's periodic updates, it seems they put some effort into building around that new TI chip. Shame it got slighted after launch like this. And, it sort of makes me wonder if Mike and the rest of the digital team will try to do something to improve it, considering how hard it seems for them to get any chips other than ESS these days. Might we even see an ESS Yggy someday?!? Jason wrote about how much they invested in learning the nuances of that chip to replace AKM after the fire.

As I've posted before, a buddy and I spent the Covid summer two years ago with Yggy A2, Chord Qutest, Denafrips Pontus II, and a Wavelength DAC all showing off their stuff. We also heard the Hugo TT w/ M-Scaler vs Pontus II at a dealer's store. When the LiM came in, I knew I preferred some things about A2, but LiM put it all together and presented the sound for me in a way I knew was more my "truth" as opposed to truth with a couple slight white lies (the A2). I mean, I really try not to think about the spare tire I carry when eating my fourth or seventh chocolate chip cookie. So nothing wrong with some little white lies, in my world. Anyway, would still like to taste the MiL flavor just for fun.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.