IGNORED

Android app to send audio via AirPlay

For the purpose of capturing Android audio (say, from YouTube app, Qobuz app, Tidal app, etc.) to send it to an audio-only AirPlay receiver (such as Lumin hardware), I've found that this app seems to function well during the 10-minute free trial (after 10 minutes it adds beeping noise):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.airmusic.trial

Has anybody tried it?

Has anyone found any good alternative Android app for this purpose?  It seems there are a bunch of video-oriented casting apps, I don't know if any of them serves the same audio purpose as well.

Thanks.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:30 AM, wklie said:

For the purpose of capturing Android audio (say, from YouTube app, Qobuz app, Tidal app, etc.) to send it to an audio-only AirPlay receiver (such as Lumin hardware), I've found that this app seems to function well during the 10-minute free trial (after 10 minutes it adds beeping noise):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.airmusic.trial

I believe AirPlay and AirMusic route the music file through your phone. That is not the path to high fidelity. I recommend BubbleUPnP.  Or try Linn Kazoo, foobar2000 or MConnect,

On 11/8/2022 at 4:30 AM, wklie said:

Has anyone found any good alternative Android app for this purpose?  It seems there are a bunch of video-oriented casting apps, I don't know if any of them serves the same audio purpose as well.

If you want to listen to music on your phone, or cast from your phone to a UPnP receiver, USB Audio Pro is fantastic, it bypasses the processing that Android OS does to mess up the sound.

2 hours ago, m.i.c.k.e.y said:

Thanks for the heads up! Will try it. Can acess local network NAS?

Yes, that's how I use it, streaming from a NAS. I've tried several apps. BubbleUPnP is my favourite, by far.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.