IGNORED

Article: Atmos Music and Some Current Favorites, Part 1

After staggering my new 83” Sony OLED, I will be adding Atmos to my HT room. The room is small, 10x15. I have a 5.1 set up and just ordered 2 in ceiling speakers for Atmos for a 5.1.2 system. I will need a new processor so the install will have to wait until next year. The 4K Blu ray player does a great job of decoding Atmos mixes in movies sending them out via the MC analog outs. No height info but damn nice 5.1 presentations. Looking forward to adding Atmos ceiling speakers. 4K Blu rays are an amazing experience as are the live 4 k sports broadcasts I have been enjoying via you tube TV, like the Phillies playoff games on Fox, and the EPL.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Video shuts down my brain, and I feel dumber by the minute when watching. That’s obviously just me though. I love audio because it’s theater of the mind. Similar to a book. 

The new podcasts delivered in Atmos are amazing. The sonic “picture” they paint is so good. 

I must be really really dumb because I love video. Looking forward to the Phillies World Series in 4K and Top Gun Maverick in 4K hdr too.