IGNORED

Playing music stored on my NAS>SoTM sms200

My music is stored on a synology DS415+ which is networked to an sms200. The sms200 is connected via USB to my TAD DAC. 

is there a sterightforward way to play music from my NAS, using my iPhone as a remote control?

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

7 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

The best way is to install and run on you nas Minimserver , the Starter Edition license is free and you’ll find it in the Synology  App Store .

Here you can find a quick start guide to Minimserver 

Configure your SOtM sMS200 to run MPD&DLNA.

Once Minimserver is running download from Apple App Store on your iPhone MConnect Player, the Lite edition is free.

Start MConnect Player and you’ll find:

• in the Play to section the SOtM sMS200 
  • in the Browser section/Local server your Minimserver

tap on Minimserver and you’ll be able to browse and play albums from your library 

Do you get gapless playback from Tidal/Qobuz with this set up?

3 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

The best way is to install and run on you nas Minimserver , the Starter Edition license is free and you’ll find it in the Synology  App Store .

Here you can find a quick start guide to Minimserver 

Configure your SOtM sMS200 to run MPD&DLNA.

Once Minimserver is running download from Apple App Store on your iPhone MConnect Player, the Lite edition is free.

Start MConnect Player and you’ll find:

• in the Play to section the SOtM sMS200 
  • in the Browser section/Local server your Minimserver

tap on Minimserver and you’ll be able to browse and play albums from your library 

… should you need support for Minimserver you can post here your questions, Simon (simoncn) will help you 

Marvelous, thank you. That worked a treat. What's the best app that will work with an android phone?

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads