IGNORED

Article: The Immersive Audiophile Update 6

Just now, jrobbins50 said:

Sound great, Chris!  I don’t know what you could put together for the system that would have the potential to sound any better. 

As one point of comparison for DD+ lossy Atmos, I have an Apple TV4K which is HDMI connected to my Marantz AV-8802A processor. This plays Apple Music, of course. I’ve utilized the Audyssey Pro measurement kit to optimize DSP as best I can with the limited processing power in the pre/pro. 

In comparison, I have a 2017 MacBook running Apple Music which I have looped the digital output into the Lynx AES16e sound card in my Windows server. This enables me to use HQPlayer to upscale the 24/48 content to DSD128, apply Audiolense convolution filters and use the recommended HQP lossy settings before outputting to my Okto dac8pro. 

No question, the routing through HQP and my DAC smokes the Apple TV4K through the Marantz. Much more spacious (pun intended) sound from top to bottom, even though lossy. 

I would expect the difference may be less for you with the Trinnov as your processor, but the proof will be in the outcome once you get it all set up. Fun to follow along. JCR  

Thanks JCR! 

I'm looking forward to all of this. Can't wait to write about it and go into each system extensively. I'm sure much of it's a little fuzzy for people who do't eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png