IGNORED

Smyth Realizer

Unfortunately, the Smyths folks were out of town, so no demo! However, while I was in SoCal, all was not lost as I heard a incredible demo from Mark at AIX that simulated 5.1 via headphones. Based on what I heard from Mark's headphones, I can't wait until this format is available for download!

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player

Sorry jcpom, did you mean you listened to the Smyth at AIX or that heard some new 5.1 format that was mixed for HP listening? ... what do you mean "I can't wait until this format is available for download?" Did you mean a music format or the Smyth (or other?) algorithm?

I would be overjoyed if Smyth would make their algorithm available for download/plug-in with computer audio (e.g. via JRiver). I would be willing to buy it at even at a *substantial* extra cost because it would allow you to get the audio out of your computer over anything other than HDMI and have the added benefit of letting you easily use your DAC of choice (... which you can do now, but only after HDMI and Toslink runs, which is not ideal by any means). Smyth seems to be trying hard to pimp their algorithm as an OEM but, to the best of my knowledge, there have been no 3rd party takers. Like I said, if any of the audiophile computer software vendors would jump on, it would be awesome!

Do you know something new on this front or did I misread your last post?

Roon --> ultraRendu/Uptone LPS-1 --> Kii CONTROL --> Kii THREE active speakers (everything on Black Ravioli bases and footers)

according to Mark W, new HP 5.0 format will soon be available for download at AIX.

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player