IGNORED

Jriver (iso's) -> HQ Player

avank

@Miska

This question is a feature request. I am repeating my question from the Roon Blog. I thought this would be a better place to discuss this feature. I wanted to route audio from Jriver to HQ player for some reasons, definitely not technical. I use a Mac server to run HQ player, so I wonder if there is a way to do it. I am hands-on. Hence, I might be able to solve the problem if and only if I know some high-level steps to enable this connection between Jriver and HQ player.

Almost all of my music is in ISO's, and I play them from a SUSE Linux NAS appliance. Here is the count of audio ISO's only. I am not converting them to other formats as I can play them as ISO files.

RiversideNas:~ # find /mnt2/Media0? -iname "*.iso" | wc -l 

Currently, I play using Jriver DSP settings. I play using DOP on Ares II, and it is not bad. 

I am sure I am not the first person attempting this; hence looking forward to learning from your experiences. I am keen on testing the sound routing through the HQ player and apply a few fancy filters.
-Avan

• 1 month later...

I can tell you how it is done in Linux. Get your HQPe setup and running. Under Jriver Tools>Options>Add or configure DLNA server>Audio>Mode: Original and Format: PCM L24 header. If you cannot change Mode to Original, change Format first and come back to Mode.

HQP will show as an available player under playing now, select that and now Jriver will use HQP engine for play.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, steveoat said:

Unfortunately I can't seem to get HQP embedded to work with JRiver.  I keep getting multiple playback errors.  I used the settings suggested by sig8 and can't seem to get this to work.  I am using HQP embedded OS.  

Anyone have any luck with this?

In JRiver you need to create/customize a DLNA server (Tools/Options/Media Network/Add or configure Media servers) like this

BB42A545-2873-4BDC-B695-AE562D40FB6C.thumb.jpeg.44a0138478ad27de929112c2b81989cf.jpeg

then you need to associate to HQPlayer the DLNA server: right click on HQPlayer and go to Associate with DLNA server and choose the one you created/modified before 

2D0D8C70-71E4-4601-83D0-D432DC46D616.thumb.jpeg.021621eb34cc0b04d073e5f5690f9cad.jpeg.

you should be able to get JRiver work without issues … it does here

Stefano

My audio system

As per stefano's instructions, I have HQP embedded working with JRiver.  However, am having one problem.  Flac files work fine.  However, for dsf files I am getting alot of skipping of tracks or tracks just stopping midway through playback.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how do I fix this?

"DSD64 are playing fine here with JRiver suggested settings , could your troubles be due to HQP embedded configuration?

This is mine"

I changed my HQP Embedded settings more in line with yours and dsf files appear to be playing fine.  Thanks.

One other question, in the image above, on the HQPEmbedded Main Page you show cover art and detail about the track and format.  I am not setting this on my main page.  How do you get this information?

• 3 months later...

@Miska I have some concert Blu-ray Discs that I want decoded to multi-channel PCM in Jriver and then piped to HQPlayer on my Win11 PC.  Has someone found a reliable way to loopback audio on Win11?  I tried VB-Audio virtual cable and LoopBeAudio; the latter did not work for me and I could only get 2-channels to work with the former driver.

Also, I am assuming that when sending HQPlayer multi-channel audio do I need to change “audio:default/44100/2” to “audio:default/44100/6”?

Thx,

Sumit.

43 minutes ago, sumitc said:

Has someone found a reliable way to loopback audio on Win11?

I'm using VAC reliably although I'm using it only for 2ch playback. VAC site says: "Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (1000..384000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..32 channels)."

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
23 hours ago, bogi said:

I'm using VAC reliably although I'm using it only for 2ch playback. VAC site says: "Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (1000..384000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..32 channels)."

Thx for pointing VAC out.  I downloaded it and tried the trial version.  The SW is very capable.  2ch playback is fine, but I have not been able to get multi-ch playback to work.  Perhaps my PC is getting overloaded.  I will revert back to SoX in JRiver if I cannot get this to work.  Thx again.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sumitc said:

I needed some help from the author to sort out some config issues.

What for special config is required for multichannel?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, bogi said:

What for special config is required for multichannel?

I was having an issue where I could connect one, but not both apps, to the VAC endpoint.  The author pointed out that this was most likely caused by the stream format being set to "Cable format".  Changing this back to "Cable range" resolved the issue.  I was playing around with several settings in the control panel and changed this at some point not realizing that this would cause the problem.

I was also having issues just changing the settings in the control panel as it kept saying that the device was busy.  To get around this, I had to stop the "Windows Audio" service, change the settings, and then restart the service.