IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

My experiences so far:

I have had Audirvana 3.5 and then I switched to AS for a year, which ends in the beginning of June. It was very buggy the first months, but my player was to blame too in this regard. I almost didn't use the radio and streaming functionality, so I switched to Origin. To my ears the sound quality is somewhat better than from 3.5. And honestly: I quite like it, because it has only the functionality I need! Besides Origin, I use Asset UPnP for radio functionality, but also for playing my local library, using my iPad mini. Advantage: no computer needed, so saving a little on my electric bill. The only thing I don't like is the Playlist functionality, but hopefully that will improve over time. Btw: I think it was a very good move from Damien to introduce AO!!

20 hours ago, Zakus said:

I think Damien had no choice. I'm sure that I am not alone alternating listening between audrivana plus and ROON. With the subscription model for AS, no way when I have a lifetime ROON subscription. 

Early days of ROON there was a noticeable SQ difference that ROON has closed.  Streaming services are integrated. Why would I go back to library only.  Sorry the horse has bolted.

I fully understand you with a lifetime Roon subscription, but I don't have Roon as an alternative player. I have tried it in the past, but personally: I didn't like the interface at all (to modern). It also depends on how you play your music and use the interface; in my case mostly random without using the interface intensively. I your case I will certainly stick to Roon too. Further: I think Damien is just expanding his sale in a clever way in conjunction with the fact that some of us don't like the subscription model, and now they have a choice. And hopefully the sound quality will improve further, because that was the main reason for people to choose Audirvana in the past.

• 5 months later...