IGNORED

HQ player RPi4 max sampling rate

Hello newbie (to this forum) here,

What is the max sampling rate attained by the RPi4/Hqplayer embedded image?  Also, what are the settings to reach this nirvana?

Here's my path:  flashdrive>RPi4>HQplayer>Digione Signature>BNC>Chord Qutests>DIY 300b monoblocks

As of now, 44.1kHz is upsampled to 176.4kHz and 96k is upsampled to 192k.

Thanks in advance.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:39 PM, Over8ed said:

What is the max sampling rate attained by the RPi4/Hqplayer embedded image?  Also, what are the settings to reach this nirvana?

Here's my path:  flashdrive>RPi4>HQplayer>Digione Signature>BNC>Chord Qutests>DIY 300b monoblocks

As of now, 44.1kHz is upsampled to 176.4kHz and 96k is upsampled to 192k.

You can likely reach the optimal output rate for your DAC (705.6/768k PCM) with most of the filters.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, noreilly said:

what are you using for the input to rpi4, USB?

Not sure to understand the question … why an usb input to rpi4?, rpi4 should be network connected, wired/Ethernet or Wi-Fi … that’s the input, the rpi4 is configured as a network endpoint/NAA

(if we are talking about the above configuration)

Stefano

My audio system

Stefano, thank you for clarifying this for me. I wasn't able to find anything on the I/O options for HQ Player. I'm considering an RME ADI-2 DAC in my roadmap, but I may need to speed up that purchase.

It will then be:

Ethernet > RPi4/HQ Player Embedded > USB > DAC

Niall

Regards,

Niall

Stefano, I'm still on a learning curve with HQ Player. Once I get know about SDM/DSD, I'll consider updating the HQ Player computer. Do you know if my Embedded license will transfer from a dedicated RPi to, say a dedicated NUC running the same OS?

I'm currently running HQP in demo mode.

Niall

Regards,

Niall

16 minutes ago, noreilly said:

Do you know if my Embedded license will transfer from a dedicated RPi to, say a dedicated NUC running the same OS?

The Embedded license is linked to a specific hw, you need to send the hw fingerprint (look in About section) to obtain it, but if you change the hw you can ask Jussi for a new license sending the old and the new fingerprint

Stefano

My audio system

8 hours ago, noreilly said:

Stefano, using the UBS-A as an output, what are you using for the input to rpi4, USB?

Niall

I'm using a USB flash drive in the RPi4 with .flac files.  It's also connected via ethernet to control with the HQ player's Android app.  After changing from SPDIF 192k to USB 705.6k it was a 'huge' improvement, at least to my ears.  

How significant is the 'improvement' to DSD with a more powerful computer?