IGNORED

Living Immersive Site

Hi Guys, I just noticed a link on the back of a new Atmos blu-ray I received, to a site called Living Immersive. Turns out, Stefan Bach is behind it! He has been involved in Blu-ray audio "forever" and is a really nice guy. 

Anyway, the site offers some titled in every immersive format imaginable. 

https://www.livingimmersive.com/shop/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...

@El Guapo, I’ve got the Gordian Knot as well, and yes, it sounds great. I just want to follow your recording process. Are you using Audacity to record in FLAC the eight channel 5.1.2 output from the DRP?  And then you are breaking up into separate files for each track?  Once having done that, can it be played back through Roon and HQP, just as any 7.1 file?  The DRP is just such a clumsy UI….JCR 

2 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

Are you using Audacity to record in FLAC the eight channel 5.1.2 output from the DRP?

Yes. I use Audacity to record the 5.1.2 output through BlackHole from DRP.

Firstly, I personally prefer "split chapter" when ripping. Then I record it track by track (I know it's painful but easy to manage after it). If I'm sure the level is greater than -60dB then I'll check the Sound Activated Recording "ON" for autostart, otherwise I'll press record button manually (cut the blank before export).

I'll put some tags (album and track info) when exporting to 8ch FLAC. Roon will use these tags for album recognition.😁

1277825395_Image2022-4-15at11_22PM.thumb.jpg.c04046556637caa0aed55ee8db56ce8c.jpg