IGNORED

Qobuz independent label sale 40% off

For those who can read French: the Qobuz site is offering a 40% discount on downloads on "independent labels" that include Fania (salsa), Hyperion, Naxos and ECM. The ECM downloads include "studio masters" options- not sure who else has high-res offerings on the site. You can use PayPal to purchase. Use code CHDZMWY3

www.qobuz.com

Munching at this tasty buffet, as I write this. So far today I've purchased:

ECM - Norma Winstone - Stories Yet to Tell 96/24

ECM - Paul Motian - Lost in a Dream 44/16

ECM - Ralph Towner/Paolo Fresu - Chiaroscura 44/16

BeeJazz - Jean-Marie Machado - Fiesta Nocturna 44/24

The music and the s.q. are fab . At 40% off, I'm going back for seconds. The Bee Jazz is excellent. I may buy the whole catalog this week-end!

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Unfortunately, the album I want to purchase (Natalie Dessay, Arias from Handel's Cleopatra) is apparently not available for sale to the United States :(

But thanks for pointing me to this new resource for hi-res downloads :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I registered and then installed the downloader.

I bought Vinicius Cantuaria Lagrimas mexicanas by Bill Frizell for 9.99 euros. I couldn't understand the special offer thing - do you need to spend more than 40 euros? I paid for the album with my Visa card, but then the downloader wouldn't work and I got an error in French. Qobuz sent me a mail saying to try again, but that doesn't work either.

It's hard work as it's all in French, and my French is a bit rusty, and need to use Google Translate. I wonder if it is because I started registering on Linux, but then switched to Mac OS X to actually buy stuff. Does it keep your IP address and expect you to always use the same one?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

Not sure if this will help, but... Yes, you need 40 euro total to get the 40% off. When I did the charge, I could then go to "Mon Compte" (My Account). I would see a listing of the albums I'd charged. Then click "Acceder au telechargement" individually by album. That then takes you to a new screen where you can set the format of the download- ALAC/WAV/AIFF etc. and there's a green button that says "Je telecharge ma musique". Click on that. That launched the downloader for me, where you can then see each file coming in. Not sure how your Linux vs. Mac question works.

Thanks for the info about the discount - it does seem good value as long as I can get the download process working a bit better for me.

After about the 15th attempt, the download started and several tracks completed but the rest are currently suspended and stuck.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

Maybe it's server overload. I had the same problem. Rather than kill the download I just hit the button at top/left. Worked fine after that. I'm pleased that Qobuz is finally getting some 'buz' BTW, their customer service is first class.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

After I complained to Qobuz they sent me a mail apologizing and offered to give me a free CD as compensation. I mailed them that I would like 'Norma Winstone, Stories Yet To Tell' and they've added it to 'Mon Compte' - great stuff, difficult to fault that kind of service.

Today I've bought:

Stranded Horse/Humbling Tides (24/96), this recording like the Norma Winstone, was at Item Audio's recommendation.

Léna Timas Magia d'morna - musique du cap vert (16/44.1). I love anything from Cape Verde

Ton Pat' Ton Pat', memwar lamizik seselwa (16/44.1), acoustic music from the Sychelles.

Kalakan, Basque folk (24/96). I love Kepa Junkera and so more Basque stuff sounds no bad thing.

Various Artists, Île de Mayotte - Musiques, danses et instruments traditionnels (16/44.1). Assorted traditional acoustic music from Africa.

Morris, Cajun Creole Music (16/44.1). Cajun music by the black Ardoin family, who are descendents of the legendary Amade Ardoin I believe.

The downloads are still pretty slow, but I've more confidence that my purchases won't just get lost even if it all takes a bit of time.

I've been listening to the Hadouk Trio, Live At Fip (16/44.1) album today and it is really good - great music and a very well recorded live radio concert.