IGNORED

Native DSD Album of the Year nominations

I voted but the other costumers  didn't agree with me either. My top three would have been:

spacer.png

Incredible music. I didn't know this composer but what a find!

His Violin Concerto is as passionate as the concertos by Bloch and Walton … and as melodious. The emotions are grown-up and delve deep in a way that may also remind you of Vaughan Williams and Rózsa.

Read more: http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2009/aug09/Kleiberg_concertos_2L59.htm#ixzz7JfxQvhMx

spacer.png 

I think this album will become a modern classic. It's a real statement. And that they get away with such a fundamentally different approach to the blues is very refreshing.

If you're expecting something traditional, you're going to be surprised. These are not the acoustic blues we hear from Johnson's own recordings, nor the electric renditions of Eric Clapton. These are a unique treatment bringing the combined talents of the band members in a sometimes dreamy, frequently atmospheric, always sultry blend of voice, guitar, bass, and percussion.

spacer.png

This girl can play the trumpet. Somebody go tell Wynton and the Lincoln Orchestra that Ellister has arrived! and as Joe says;

On 1/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, JoeWhip said:

I really enjoy the Nola album and think that considering all aspects such as sound quality and music, it is the best overall SL recording to date.