IGNORED

Article: SOtM Launches sMB-Q370 Motherboard

What a coincidence, just this morning I was googling the i9 9900K to see what its price was only to find out it’s not for sale anymore. This hole week I was thinking about a new server what power supply to use and what motherboard etc. Nothing to serious still saving money my new house. What I do not understand is why SOTM made such an effort to design this motherboard but you can’t buy the top spec cpu anymore? How long will it take before the other cpu will become obsolete?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

26 minutes ago, Dev said:

I think Sotm started the development when 8th/9th gen were in its prime but by the time they were able to release the product to the market, the ship has sailed. Building an x86 board, as complex as it is, from scratch, even if you start with a reference board which all manufacturers does, takes a quiet a bit of time (and there are too many things that can go wrong) and I applaud Sotm's effort towards it. Now that they have the expertise, I believe supporting the latest gen proc will be easier for them, nevertheless still being challenging.

Yeah their efforts are certainly admirable but I can only hope they are already busy reviced version.

Edit: certainly with @Exocer  quality power supply findings.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2