IGNORED

Audiopraise VanityPRO

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Option 5 - multichannel I2S output module with CMOS 3.3V levels

Seems you have some inside information 😀

Suggestion of what HW that can use this signal ? Google didn’t serve me well. 

I wonder if Audioprase is planning USB out as well. Or even better, a (fiber) network output ?

Then one could connect HMDI to Sonore Rendu’s. 

4 hours ago, svart-hvitt said:

Does the VanityPRO accept EARC/ARC from the TV?

I can’t of cause say for sure, but since it supports CEA-861-D that corresponds with HMDI 1.3, I guess no. 
ARC came with HDMI 1.4. 

However my guess is that nothing stops Audioprase to accept the ARC signal on pin 14. Hope they answer.

”The VanityPRO is built on a completely programmable processing and control platform utilizing a medium size FPGA and a 32-bit processor. New features and functionality can be added at any time….”

16 minutes ago, svart-hvitt said:

I guess for bandwidth purposes, this is really a question about eARC, not ARC. ARC cannot even transfer 16/44 or CD quality.

eARC is HMDI 2.1, so then no according to data sheet. 
https://audiopraise.com/documents/Vanity_PRO_Product_Brief_web.pdf

However:

It's worth noting that some HDMI 2.1 features, most commonly eARC, are available via some HDMI 2.0 devices and cables, but anything that requires very high bandwidth, most notably 4K/120fps and 8K/60fps, will require new hardware.”

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/what-hdmi-21-everything-you-need-to-know

“Enhanced Audio Return Channel (also known as eARC) is the next generation of ARC. It’s a feature implemented in the most recent HDMI 2.1 specification.

The main benefit of eARC is a big boost in bandwidth and speed. This allows you to send higher-quality audio from your TV to a soundbar or AV receiver.

There’s scope for eARC to deliver up to 32 channels of audio, including eight-channel, 24bit/192kHz uncompressed data streams at speeds of up to 38Mbps.“

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdmi-arc-and-hdmi-earc-everything-you-need-to-know

ED5BB0D7-C260-420B-BD41-AA3D08165FF6.webp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, vortecjr said:

We just completed some tests using a modified OS on a SGC Sonic Transporter to add multichannel output via its HDMI port while streaming from Roon.

This would be perfect for my Theta Casablanca. I can use the full 7.2.4 Atmos option.

Of cause you had the VanityPRO in mind. So a question to you Jesus:

Can you daisy chain 2 VanityPRO’s and get 16 channels ?

If yes, How would you implement immersive audio to such a solution?

Can some magic between HQplayer and Sonore happen ? (Not sure if HQplayer is needed)

I mean, one would need some sort of SSP SW ?
Which I have, but my understanding is the VanityPRO is missing ?

• vortecjr changed the title to Introducing the Audiopraise VanityPRO
  • vortecjr unpinned this topic