IGNORED

Article: The Audio Impact of Solar Panels and Battery Backup: Introduction, Installation & Initial Listen

Hello @austinpopand great article.

I was curious of a few details on the 12kW system you described. Was this figure based on your daily usage and if so did you use your Pre Solar utility bill averaged out over several months or more to come up with this size system for your house?

I'm also curious to know what the expected run time is of the system powering the home after grid power goes out?

I suspect that at some point in the near future I may be considering a full solar setup without grid to power a house I plan to build located deep in the Colorado wilderness. There is grid power available to my 20acre parcel there but based on a recent estimate from the power company it will cost about $20K to pull a line about 700ft onto the property. This is a tough pill to swallow when Solar power potential in that area is very high also. My concerns with a full solar only setup though have always been a big question mark due to this crazy audio hobby of ours. One fear being how big of a system it would take to maintain the usage of my current system without compromises and if that dollar figure would far exceed the cost to just have grid power pulled onto my land.

Anyway, thanks for the write up of your journey, it was interesting to read.