IGNORED

Oggo´s power supply shoot-out (using the example of an Uptone EtherRegen)

7 hours ago, Johnnydev said:

The Farad super 3 with the orange fuse and furutech inlet and level2 copper DC cable and a audioquest monsoon powercable gives overhere a stunning result

Good choice! Go and try the AQ Hurricane HC. This will blow you away...😋

10 hours ago, skyline said:

It would be interesting if you tried different power cords with the LPS.

I did try different power cables with the Farad and ended up in ordering one Audioquest Tornado HC (for EtherRegen 1) and one Hurricane HC (for EtherRegen 2), which should arrive here in about two weeks from now. Luckily I was able to borrow some Audioquest cables from the European distributor through my local dealer for testing. Expensive but good.

Otherwise the Supra Lorad (25th jubilee silver plated edition) IMO is a good cable you can purchase for a reasonable price. Lots of clarity and holographic sound, if needed. In fact, it's not the best option, if your setup is already on the "bright side".

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, Iving said:

Hi Oggo,

Trying to decide which Farad Super3 for eR. 9V or 12V. Some discussion around here. Would love to hear why you preferred 12V. Thank you

I had opted for 12V according to the cheaper 12V Zerozone LPS I had in use before I ordered the Farad Super3s. AND I was able to try different voltage settings with the Ferrum Hypsos. In the end, IMO it might all come down to your setup, if you will hear any major differences. 

(If you can't make up your mind, which one to choose, you might order both (9V and 12 V) and return the one you don't like. I think, restocking is possible.)

I had read the posting in the other thread too, but can't confirm. In my setup 1 the Hypsos running on 12V delivers more body, more dynamics and a wider sound stage. It's definately not much, but on the Hypsos I prefer 12V over the 9V, which Ferrum recommends as a preset for the ER. But results could be different with a Farad Super3... And as I said, different setups can lead to different results.

Otherwise, you could choose the Hypsos and finetune the voltage setting to your tasting (highly advised).