IGNORED

Pink Floyd catalog in hi-res

This is a pleasant surprise! 
I love all these albums and I do have several of them in SACD which I ripped to DSD and a few more that have been ripped from vinyl in either DSD128 or 24/96. 
I’m excited to give all of them a “spin” via Qobuz and see how they compare to some of my other versions. 

I have been enjoying The Wall in hires from Qobuz. 
However, I have not yet conducted any A / B comparisons. 
I have the DSOTM SACD ripped in DSD and I have the original 1982 CD version of The Wall ripped with De-Emphasis added during the rip process and I also have the original UK Harvest Vinyl pressing ripped well in DSD 128. 
They both sound incredible. 
I think overall, it’s difficult to find a “bad” version of most of these recordings. 
I also own the immersion box set and all of the more recent large box sets with BluRay and hi-res versions, etc. 
What can I say, I love my Pink Floyd :) 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, cjf said:

I gave the streamed hi res version of The Wall a try recently just for kicks. This is one album I've been wanting in a good hi res version for a long time. I also own an old original version of the album as well as the 2011 remaster.

I wasnt really expecting to be blown away by the "Streamed" version of this album given my current/past experiences comparing Streamed vs Local copies of any album. In this case, with the streamed hi res version of The Wall, I was once again unimpressed compared to my Redbook local versions of the album.

But I've not given up on it yet as I will be buying the hi res version and downloading it anyway to give it fair playing field for comparison purposes. Will see if it can hold its own compared to the good RB copies I have (I of course hope it turns out to be better).

I'll plan on not doing the DR compression comparison until after I've heard it a few times.

I’ve been told (in the past) that the original Redbook versions (from the early 80’s with preemphasis that must have a deemphasis process applied when ripping it) are the best versions (highest DR value also).

Additionally, the original UK Harvest Vinyl version is supposed to be very good too (I have both of these versions ripped in FLAC). 
I have been enjoying the Qobuz streaming version since it was released and have not yet had time to do an A/B comparison,

I look forward to hearing about your own A/B comparison! 

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, musicjunkie917 said:

The best "The Wall" I have heard is the original Harvest West German release that does not have pre-emphasis. If there is a better version out there I have not heard it. The 2011 remaster is certainly not it.

The original Harvest UK Vinyl is the best version of The Wall in my opinion (I also have it ripped in both 24/96 FLAC and also DSD 128).