IGNORED

Article: New Schiit Yggdrasil Blind Listening Comparison

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Either way, giving people the option is great. 

Options are great as long as more expensive equates greater value. Here they are saying: we provide different DACs at different price points but we are not going to tell you which is better. That's just stupid... IMO. 

That being said, the review is interesting, but I would be very confused as a prospective Schitt customer. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Better is a subjective term. You seem to be advocating for the old school HiFi approach discussed in Jason's post about the new Yggys. 

if a DAC manufacturer cannot clearly explain what the choice is in other terms than "specs" and "measurements" that really makes no sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Then I guess it makes no sense to you. 

Imagine you had the choice of buying two different washing machines from a manufacturer, at different price points, and the only differences provided were "technical" without explaining in any way how they translate in terms of performance or functionality? That makes no sense. 

13 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Washing machine is not a good example (But BTW, how do you measure the cleanliness of clothes?)

Much better example would be a car.  If you were choosing between Toyota and Honda, or BMW and Mercedes, or Porsche and Jaguar, would you do it on specs or on a test drive?

I don't think you understand my point, and your example is not relevant here. 

I find Schitt's approach suspect, and a bit of a scam, to be honest. I expect a DAC manufacturer committing to offering the best product at a given price point. But whatever. 

58 minutes ago, PeterG said:

I do not think it's a scam--they are not scam-type guys.  Pretty much the opposite.

But I take your point in general.  If they had a traditional marketing department, the guys there would be going bonkers because it is kind of confusing to have 3 to choose from without an apparent hierarchy

For those who read this article, and follow Chris' opinion, it's all good as the best option is the cheapest ones. For others I do not see how they could make a choice. Not my problem anyway.