IGNORED

Article: Easily My Album Of The Year

As we approach the anniversary of 9/11, I am reminded of how devastating that tragedy was and how it made me shun music for a while (I had lived in New York City for most of my life at that point).   It seemed to me that all music was irrelevant in the face of a world that had changed, probably permanently according to my thinking at the time, for the worse (it was clear, for example, that it would lead to demonization of the "other" and war, as but two consequences).

When I finally did want to listen again, my first choice was anything by Bill Evans.  That is part of what great art means to me: the ability to reintroduce you to your world and the ability to introduce you to new worlds.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

2 hours ago, botrytis said:

Britney is over 40 - well for me Elizabeth Hurley is sheer bombshell (OT). That is 56? WOW!!!

Elizabeth Hurley, 55, shows off her stunning figure in a pink bikini for  exotic beach shoot

Does she sing too?  I know:  who cares!  

Were we talking about an album or something.....?  

Do you feel like you know her personally?  Was just reading about "parasocial relationships."   

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man