IGNORED

Digital streaming optimisation with EtherRegen - ENO filter Vs Master clock Vs sonore optical module

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Just so I’m clear you’re saying the only clock that matters is the DAC’s clock? All other clocks are irrelevant? 

I'm saying an external clock on an Ethernet switch doesn't matter and whomever is saying it does doesn't understand how data networks operate when it comes to non-realtime playback.

Now there are switches with IEEE 1588 V1 and V2 PTP. But that is an entirely other beast and not meant for simple re-play systems.

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You have got advice from the only 2 persons here at AS that deny the benefit of EtherRegen with or without an external clock.

I deny it based on real world testing. Try to refute my video example. You tell everyone here how the eR affected the SQ even though we don't need it connected while playing back. By disconnecting the eR I've purposefully introduced the largest source of jitter possible. What possible effect can the eR or any switch, external clocking applied or not, have on the data once it's delivered.

With all due respect R1200CL you don't know what you are talking about.

49 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

See also here:

For the rest of us, John’s innovative developments, has help several in achieving better SQ in the digital chain for a price point most can afford. 

I've seen the thread. Again you don't understand what you are even talking about and that thread proves it. Miska, John, Jabbr, Paul, have all tried in that thread to INFORM you.

Stupidity is ignorance left willfully uncorrected.

Also: If you have a play back setup that has buffering in the millisecond range than you have a sub-optimal setup. I like products that are able to take advantage of the best technology has to offer: Multi-rate GBe (1 / 2.5 / 5 / 10), wireless, optical, copious amounts of RAM for buffer (Tidal, JRiver, some others I'm sure) that will take advantage of the fact I can put 300+MB/s on the wire and then be done with it.

What again are John's innovations? A really slow, really hot, really expensive, switch.

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Do you have evidence to the contrary? 3000 happy users versus your opinion. The 3000 have at least tried it. You haven’t. Let’s leave it at that. 

Worth a laugh mind you! 

I just posted a video of playback happening w/o the eR or Aruba switch even plugged in. That's no opinion. It's proof.

Did the sound get better, worse, or stay the same when I plugged/unplugged the eR?

Did the sound get better, worse, or stay the same when I plugged/unplugged the Aruba?

I know about 3000 people that don't believe in the Covid Vaccine either. Lets leave it at that. I don't give a fig what 3000 Luddites think. 

• 1 month later...