IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

The Tidal/Qobuz tracks are not automatially integrated into the library,  You need to make them favorites to commingle them.  ????

I don't seem to get any DSD with kernel streaming.

Moving around the user interface seems clunky and text size is too small (and cannot be changed).

mQa is dead!

5 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

While I'm rebuilding my library from scratch (again, had to do it about ever 6 weeks recently thanks to track duplication issues), I like the look and SQ impression seems to be really quite good.

But how can I change the main menu on the lest to show "local" files first instead of "favourites", "radio", "podcast" etc all of which I don't plan to use?

Are you using Windows or MacOS?

mQa is dead!

4 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Some meta tagging analysis if I remember well from the presentation last week. They actually compare the files to some Shahzam like waveform database to help tagging. 

Fortunately, Audirvana Studio did not write any tags to my files -- I don't care what it keeps in its own database.

mQa is dead!

The Composer tag is still problematic -- Audirvana Studio can only read in the first of multiple composers, like 3.5.  However, on some tracks, it has replaced the composer information with multiple composers from it's own database to display in Audirvana Studio -- I could tell by the display format. The program should be made to read in multiple composers from the file tags.

And I don’t appreciate Audirvana Studio using it’s database information instead of my file tag information.

mQa is dead!

32 minutes ago, aaron8489 said:

Is that true, that Audirvana replaces my tag info (I assume it doesn’t overwrite, just uses its own in the app).  That’s one of my biggest issues with Roon.  At least with Roon, you can override it’s tag info with your own.  Unfortunately, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Audirvana is not rewriting your tag info in the file.  Rather, it can replace the file info with it's own for display in Audivana (at least for Composer).

mQa is dead!

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

I am not able to upsample beyond 192k PCM with kernel streaming, and am not able to use it with DSD (with 2 DACs that do 768k PCM, DSD512).  So perhaps that's a choice - 192k PCM with kernel streaming, or DSD without kernel streaming.

I think it's just a bug.  Since WASAPI can do DSD DoP, so should kernel streaming.  Audirvana even lets you set it up to do DSD DoP in kernel streaming. but I get the error message "Unable to change to integer mode."

Using an ASIO driver, I can upsample PCM to DSD256. However, DSD64 stays at DSD64 ????

mQa is dead!

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Does it tell you it's unavailable during trial, or simply do nothing?  Either way, I'd try again later after a restart just to see.  It's quite nice (when it works, of course).

OK. I got it to work with PCM:

image.thumb.png.ed8e9f1576b0e75d7e828f3c7df04eeb.png

I'll try with DSD and see what happens.

mQa is dead!

15 minutes ago, Jud said:

I like all the available criteria a lot. A list that stayed open and you could drag and drop from that eliminated criteria you'd already chosen would be nice, but I don't know what's involved in coding that.

Unfortunately, track# is not one of the criteria in the drop down list.  I like my tracks in track# (within the album)!

In JRiver Media Center, to sort, one just clicks on the column header. If you want a four-criteria sort, you click on the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, then 1st criteria,  Voila!

mQa is dead!

30 minutes ago, Jud said:

Audirvana does sort by column headers, but I haven't used multiple ones so I don't know if that works.

I was fairly sure I had track number (with disc number one higher - essential) as sort criteria.

To sort by column header, I can only get it correct for one column.

mQa is dead!