IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, ericuco said:

Not understanding exactly what you are trying to do, but if it is to simply connect your two ER’s together by the fiber optic ports, you don’t need a FMC (converter). You just need two SFP modules (transceivers) and a fiber optic cable.

If you are trying to connect your ER’s separately (not to each other), then you will need two FMC’s (converters) or possibly a network switch with multiple fiber optic (SFP) ports (see Mikrotik switches).

I would recommend sticking with SFP (1Gbe) modules instead of SFP+ (10Gbe) modules given that the ER ports are 1Gbe.

The Finisar single mode (SM) modules are popular here on AS. Typically these have LC connectors. You typically need identical SFP modules (same part numbers) on both ends. 

The SFP+ (10Gbe) modules sounds better then the SFP (1Gbe) between two ER’s

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, MartinT said:

Has anyone tried the Cisco AOC? I am currently listening to the Finisar AOC and it is damned nearly perfect: highly detailed, dynamic, with a potent bass end. The only weakness is some mild stridency in high female vocals and orchestral violins.

I saw that AfterDark describes the Cisco as 'lush' and wondered if it might suit me even better.

I bought them all from afterdark and his descriptions were right here in my house

• 1 month later...