IGNORED

Kings of Leon new album - the first non-fungible token album ever out today.

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

It can be restored - won't be 100% perfect, but close enough that you won't pick it ... especially for rock/pop 🙂. The one I was most motivated to work on, many years ago, was a theme song for a local TV show; it was close to unlistenable, yes!, on a previous setup - but decompressing turned it back into a normal, rocky song - a vast improvement.

I used Audacity, but it has no magic button to do it either - a plug-in, and one has to play with the parameters to nail the right numbers - one's ears tell me if one is the right territory.

Here's the waveform that tells the story,

Bandit01.thumb.JPG.209c6fad73ae76b416beea7fc73b202a.JPG

This is The Bandit, DL'ed from the Kings of Leon channel.

First version is the original, solidly hitting the bumpstops all the way through.

Second is the same, attentuated by 7dB

Third is the 2nd waveform, processed by the decompression plug-in - note how at the beginning of the song, that the soft intro hasn't been touched. Listening to them, the 2nd and 3rd, the volume sounds roughly the same - which the above certainly doesn't imply - but the last one is way superior in the quality of the backing sounds.

Wait what? You're always claiming (wrongly) that you can tweak the rig to make any recording sound good? 

• 2 weeks later...