IGNORED

Objectivity is based on subjective experience

erin

2 hours ago, March Audio said:

Its the act of scientific assessment of MQA that has ultimately exposed it as being no audible benefit (in fact a detriment) and nothing more than a cynical land grab to attempt to monetise the music distribution chain.  

I am also very keen to learn how science can be used to expose a 'land grap' and also cynicism. I've never seen scientific definitions for those terms so I'm waiting for your explanation with bated breath.

3 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

They are, but my intended meaning of the term "human nature" speaks to the common observable characteristics of human beings, regardless of where or how they originate.

I see. So for you 'how humans behave' = 'human nature'.

This leads me to a supplemental question - you mentioned 'greed' - is that an observable behaviour? I mean can you tell whether someone's being greedy just from observation alone?

29 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

We were discussing the entirety of human kind, so I'm not sure why you're asking me about a single individual.  But, I would like to hear how you might determine 'greed' other than by observation. From Ten Commandments? Decoding DNA? Reading someone's mind? What method would you use?

Individuals make up the entirety of humankind. I'm not putting forward the notion that 'greed, selfishness....' are the problems, you are. Under the scientific method its the one making the assertions who's called on to provide support for them.

9 minutes ago, March Audio said:

Just be wary of going down the opus rabbit hole.  He will talk semantics endlessly without making any real or relevant points. It's why he was put on ignore a ling time ago.

But taken off ignore on a whim in order to indicate you didn't get my joke. Touching to see you trying to protect @pkane2001 nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I'm afraid you missed the point, and instead focused on tangents and semantics. There were no scientific claims made, other than an observation that science is a tool used by humans, sometimes for selfish and irrational purposes.

I was referring to these words of yours :

Place the blame where it really belongs: human beings being selfish, greedy, and irrational even where it comes to our own survival as a species.

So that claim wasn't a scientific one?