IGNORED

GUSTARD X26PRO DAC - I2S DAC X GIESEMANN 10M MASTER CLOCK

2 hours ago, addac said:

I say it again. Upgrade Your U16 to a U18. You will end up a much happier camper..😄

The difference between the U16 and U18 isn't subtle. Fed by a clock like yours will do wonder with your performance, I think the K2 synthesizer in the U18 has some part with the very high end result. Trust me on this.

I am now waiting for my second U18 to replace a U16 with in my headphone rig.

Will definitely keep the u18 in line in my next itch. I will make myself familiar with the settled in trifecta sound first before making the change.

Good to hear. I can assure You the U18 upgrade with a high quality XO as Yours will give You a surprisingly High End sound. 

The U16 is nice but not more. The U18 is many times higher performing

For below USD 500 including delivery You get will get a "hard to beat setup" together with the X26pro. I use the Gustard HDMI cable 0.5m and it is very good too and not expensive.

Please report Your findings...

• 5 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 6:59 PM, addac said:

Good to hear. I can assure You the U18 upgrade with a high quality XO as Yours will give You a surprisingly High End sound. 

The U16 is nice but not more. The U18 is many times higher performing

For below USD 500 including delivery You get will get a "hard to beat setup" together with the X26pro. I use the Gustard HDMI cable 0.5m and it is very good too and not expensive.

Please report Your findings...

What’s the sound signature of the u16 vs u18? The u16 is reputed to be warm sounding. Is that the case of the u18 or is the u18 going into a more detailed/analytical/clean direction, sonically?

7 hours ago, Topk said:

What’s the sound signature of the u16 vs u18? The u16 is reputed to be warm sounding. Is that the case of the u18 or is the u18 going into a more detailed/analytical/clean direction, sonically?

With my Mutec REF10 SE120 connected and active with both U18 and X26 Pro, the sound is natural and neutral or realistic or "true" in my rig. Stunningly good for the price asked for U18 and X26 Pro with excellent EXT XO connected.  I use Audio-gd's amping (HE1, Master 3 and 2x Master 2's). Speakers are Quad ESL63's with Gradient SW63 for below 110Hz. Filter for this bi-amping is Gradient's High End Crossover.

With the U18 and X26 Pro using their own internal XO's the sound is still good and well worth their price, but they "shine" with the high end XO bringing a laid back and very airy sound. No complains here.

Your question about "detailed/analytical/clean direction?". The answer is "-No, none of those". The sound is natural and somewhat forgiving. It just sounds right. U18 compared to the U16. U18 is far better in all aspects on its own XO but miles ahead on high level EXT XO.

Hope this helps/Jan

On 3/2/2022 at 12:05 AM, MartinT said:

Yes, the ADs need a good external power supply. I've discovered an excellent inexpensive ultracap PSU, the Zero Zone 01-A from AliExpress.

I am unable to locate this particular model on AliExpress.  There are quite a few ZeroZones but not this model.  Maybe they no longer make it.  Appreciate any guidance you can offer. Cheers

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if the Afterdark Giesemann clocks are adjustable for output impedance?  My Emperor Triple Crown is 75 ohm and I would like to adjust it to 50 ohm if possible.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

Hi MartinT,

Thanks for your message and questions.

The modification can be done by return the Giesemann Clock to us. We shall provide the delivery address for service.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA