IGNORED

New Supraphon 11 CD boxed set - Ivan Moravec - no metadata

Hello All,

Just received, from Presto Classical, a new issue 11 cd boxed set and DVD of works by Ivan Moravec.  None of these, other than the first, have no metadata and simple list as track 1, track 2, etc..  None of the album information is populated by dBpoweramp.  I can add the track titles, etc using Yate but for a nuanced classical set this is clearly a PIA.  Anyone have any similar experiences with discs from Supraphon?  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

AFAIK, CD's contain no metadata which is why you see only a numerical track listing. The metadata is pulled from databases that have been populated with the metadata. If no metadata exists, or if dBpoweramp is using a source that lacks this CD set, you will not get metadata. Have you tried using the MusicBrainz Wizard in Yate? No one may have taken the time to enter the metadata for this CD set yet since it is new, you may have a tedious process ahead of you.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Thanks for your reply...yes, agree that the issue is the lack of metadata at the various databases.  MusicBrainz has a partial listing only at this time.  

Should we expect the label to post this information?

Will review Wizard in Yate, wasn’t aware of this, although dBpoweramp does poll Musicbrainz site when searching.

3 hours ago, wdw said:

Thanks for your reply...yes, agree that the issue is the lack of metadata at the various databases.  MusicBrainz has a partial listing only at this time.  

Should we expect the label to post this information?

Will review Wizard in Yate, wasn’t aware of this, although dBpoweramp does poll Musicbrainz site when searching.

Thanks for the tip...hadn't investigated the Discogs and Musicbrainz Wizard in Yate.  The later yielded metadata for the first three of the eleven discs.  Had assumed that since dBpoweramp searched these databases during the rip that this info was not available.

• 2 months later...

May be of interest to some...turns out there is a shortened set of "tracks" available from this boxed set in 24/192 on the Cz Supraphon site...sadly the sublime Janacek isn't included but the Debussy offered (not the full set) is quite special.

https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/598702-ivan-moravec-portrait-selection/hi-res

was told to simply "

Just push red button "Koupit album" (Buy album) and then you can pay by credit card or PayPal.

• 10 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, wdw said:

Hello All,

Just received, from Presto Classical, a new issue 11 cd boxed set and DVD of works by Ivan Moravec.  None of these, other than the first, have no metadata and simple list as track 1, track 2, etc..  None of the album information is populated by dBpoweramp.  I can add the track titles, etc using Yate but for a nuanced classical set this is clearly a PIA.  Anyone have any similar experiences with discs from Supraphon?  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

I add all metadata to my "classical" rips and downloads manually with the help of IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music .

Name

Beethoven: Symphony No.3 In E-flat Major, Op55 - I. Allegro Con Brio

Composer: Work, Catalogue Number (when available) "Name" (when available) - (roman numerals)Movement Number. movement name - tempo

Artist

Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt, Wiener Philharmoniker

Maestro, Orchestra; Soloist (instrument)

Album Artist

Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt

Soloist (instrument) or Maestro

I choose one artist (the one that interests me most or the most prominent) and add the instrument because sometimes the same artist can be a soloist or a maestro…ex.: Rostropovich.

Album

Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 In E-flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica" [schmidt-Isserstedt, VPO - 1965]

Composer: Work, Catalogue Number (when available) "Name" (when available) [soloist; Maestro, Orchestra acronym - year recorded]

I add the year because sometimes the same artist recorded the same piece several times

Grouping

Symphonies

I group according to Symphonies, Opera Suites, Symphonic Poems, "Instrument name" Concertos, Cello Sonatas, Solo Piano, etc.

Composer

Beethoven, Ludwig Van

Comments

Decca

Label

Genre

Classical

The musical period (Baroque, Romantic, etc.)

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)